VATUSA Position Vacancy Announcement
Position: Air Traffic Manager
Location: Kansas City ARTCC (ZKC)
Time Commitment: 4 to 8 hours per week+, and required monthly controller hours to maintain ARTCC membership
Supervisor: Southern Region Air Traffic Director (ATD)
Application Deadline: Closes February 1st, 2019 at 23:59z
VATUSA is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the position of Air Traffic Manager at the ARTCC. This position is not an entry-level position and will require significant time commitments to effectively perform the duties of Air Traffic Manager.
Duties of the ATM:
- Reports to the Northeastern Region Air Traffic Director and directs the operations and management of the assigned facility
- Must maintain an online presence on the VATSIM network
- Maintains facility website and TeamSpeak
- Drafts ARTCC SOPs, LOAs and other appropriate documents; seeks ATD approval for the same
- Ensures ARTCC SOPs, LOAs and other appropriate documents are readily available for viewing/download
- Functions as VATUSA staff member and attends meetings as necessary to discuss and stay current with region and division issues, policies, and initiatives
- Manages and defines the duties of ARTCC staff; submits selection of Deputy ATM and Webmaster to the ATD for final approval; submits selection of Training Administrator to the ATD and Training Director for final approval
- Provides guidance and help to assigned controllers; may establish a staff of "Mentors" to assist with training
- Works with or delegates a liaison to work with region/division-level Events Coordinators on events as necessary
- Addresses disciplinary situations with the Northeastern Region ATD when appropriate
- Possess a high degree of energy and commitment appropriate to the requirements of the position
- Must have at least a Controller (C1) rating
- Must be an active member of the network in good standing
- Must be able to work in a team environment and function as a team member
- Have no significant disciplinary record, no history of unprofessional behavior
Highly Desired Skills:
- Demonstrates qualities of understanding, patience, and maturity.
- Understands the role of the ARTCC and ARTCC staff within the Northeastern Region, VATUSA, and VATNA
- Understands the position requires CONSIDERABLE commitment of time
- Prior ARTCC Senior Staff experience
- Prior or current Instructor or Mentor experience
- Experience effectively managing others through good leadership practices
- Real world management experience
Only those candidates who understand the requirements and can make the appropriate commitment should apply. Candidates can expect an initial evaluation of their application after which they may be contacted for a comprehensive interview. All qualified candidates will be reviewed and considered. Qualified candidates currently assigned to the ARTCC will be given special consideration.
Applications should include:
- Name, active email address, and CID
- Resume (including any applicable real-world management experience).
- Letter of Intent / Cover-letter.
Submit the required information above to VATUSA2@vatusa.net no later than Friday February 1st, 2019 23:59Z. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
There are no replies.